Saturday, July 13, 2013

Creation Around and Within

It’s that time of year again where we get to experience a slower pace of life and settle into vacation mode. I am so thankful for this time of year.

Our summer consists of camping trips that allow me to absorb my surroundings and appreciate God’s beautiful creation. As I sit by the lake and watch a beautiful sunset with my husband or watch our kids ride an endless amount of loops on their bikes in the campground, I am in awe of His creation. I’m a graphic design artist at SPAC and my role is to “create.” I was recently reminded that my biggest inspiration comes from Him and that Christ is Supreme over all creation.

"The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." Col. 1:15-17

As I sat by the campfire last week, I realized how incredibly privileged I am to be part of a project this summer to further God’s Kingdom. And I have personally watched the transformation of my own family in support of the Clean Water Project. My kids are enthusiastic about running their lemonade stand and gathering their earnings to help; my husband is making an extra effort to sort pop bottles instead of throwing them into the recycle bin for pick up.

It's humbling to be part of what God's doing in Mufumya. It's so cool that He's got a role for each of us to play as we work together to see "His Kingdom come.
"

God Bless.
Cheryl Purschke

No comments: