Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hey Church,

Maybe you’re like me and your mind goes in a hundred different directions when you quiet yourself before God and pray. Tuesday I was in my favourite prayer space but hardly praying. My body was present but my mind meandered. My to-do list for the week was hijacking my prayer time and it soon became the single focus of my prayers.

Frustrated, I turned to a familiar passage in Matthew to bring some order to this run-away prayer time. Matthew 6 is where you find “The Lord’s Prayer,” but I was drawn to verse seven. The Message version reads this way:

“This is your Father you are dealing with, and He knows better than you what you need. With a God like this loving you, you can pray very simply.”

As I regained control of my racing mind, I made a choice to let the rest of my time with God be a time of accepting the truth I had just read.

God knows what we need before we ever ask for it, so we can relax and rest when we come to our Abba Father in prayer. He has a much better prayer list for you and me than we do for ourselves. I pray you grow in appreciation for the depth of God’s love for you. And I pray you become attentive to God’s dreams and plans for you and recognize that these are more valuable than your own.

Amen,
Pastor Kevin-

No comments: