Saturday, September 28, 2013

Keeper of My Dreams






This past month has brought a whirlwind of changes for me. For one, I will be studying at the Peace River Bible Institute in Sexsmith for this next year, and I was nervous about the move. I have gone to SPAC my whole life and have been involved in various ministries and grown close to many people. My biggest fear about this move was losing the family and “at home” feeling I have at SPAC. But God shows up in ways I had never dreamed!

Here’s a quick run down of my first two weeks: I auditioned (and was accepted) for the school choir, drama tour team, school chapel worship team, and the Grande Prairie Alliance (GPAC) worship team. Not only that, but I have been asked to sing in Spanish for both the Missions weekend here at school and at GPAC. Also, our global partners and my good friends Ruth and Stan Nilsson “just happen” to live here in Sexsmith! And God has graciously brought an amazing new friend into my life. We fit together so well that it can only be explained by God’s handiwork.

Can you see the pattern here? God has gone before me and is with me every step of the way; I am greatly encouraged. What I’ve found out is when God leads me somewhere, He will not dump me off and leave me stranded and alone. He will provide opportunities to use the gifts He’s given to me. He will bring people into my life to encourage, and to also be encouraged. And all the while, He is right there with me.

You are never alone. So rest and be at peace knowing that God’s got it!
Be at peace, come rest in Me, I am all you need, Keeper of your dreams.
Love,
Your sister in Christ, Amber Giesbrecht

No comments: