Saturday, January 19, 2013

Hi, my name's Beth.

At our church, it is group sign-up season, and I'd love to tell you a tiny bit of my story and why I am doing life in community. While we attended church at Christmas and Easter in my childhood, my first real introduction to Jesus was when a friend invited me to a small group at SPAC. What I found was a kind of community I had never experienced before.

I was a young mom, and at one point I got very sick. People in my small group brought meals for my family...this kind of caring blew me away. It wasn't long before I hungered for, fell in love with and decided to follow Jesus. Being in a group has been part of my faith journey ever since and much of my spiritual growth is directly linked to it.

Last year, I sensed God wanting to "rock my world" in a new way as He nudged me to take a big step of faith and lead a neighbourhood group out of my home. Did I feel qualified? Absolutely not! Do I feel qualified now? Not a chance! It's a walk of faith - for all of us in the group. It hasn't all been easy, but God is good and we are growing, learning more about Him through His Word, supporting each other in prayer and finding a place to belong.

Being a part of a small group has changed my life and strengthened my faith...if you're not in one, you are truly missing out on so many of God’s blessings!

Part of the Family,
Beth

No comments: